Maine Chemical Lab Packs
Most laboratories produce containers of chemicals, acids, paints, cleaners, toxics, and other lab waste. While a common problem, it’s not one most facilities look forward to dealing with.
Wouldn’t it be convenient if someone could make this problem disappear?
Well, we can!
Why Lab Packs Are Crucial
Partially used, leaking, and contaminated chemicals are an unnecessary risk, and are actually classified as a regulated hazardous waste.If laboratory chemicals aren’t dealt with properly, they can accumulate and grow outdated.
Besides wasting space in your laboratory, outdated chemicals can be very dangerous. For example, picric acid may develop crystals on the cap of a closed container which can explode violently when disturbed.
A lab pack is a process of managing containerized hazardous and non-hazardous materials of five gallons or less for transportation and disposal.
While five gallons or less may not seem like much, the chemicals inside can be extremely dangerous. If your laboratory possesses chemicals in containers larger than 5 gallons, such as plastic bins and steel drums, these can still be managed by Maine Labpack, Inc. as a bulk hazardous material.
What to Expect
To conduct lab pack, Maine Labpack, Inc. sends chemists trained in chemical recognition and compatibility to perform same day lab pack services at your facility. Each and every one of our services are in strict compliance with all applicable EPA, DOT and OSHA, regulations.
- Chemists arrive on-site. Our staff members need minimal supervision, only requiring a signatory authority upon completion of the pack.
- Chemicals are sorted in accordance with EPA and DOT regulations. This involves chemical identification, categorization, and segregation.
- Packing list is created. Our chemists will maintain an inventory list of all chemicals.
- Chemicals are packaged. Materials are packaged into a drum that can range from 5-55 gallons. An absorbent substance, like vermiculite, is then added to the filled container prior to shipment.
- Chemists provide and complete all necessary paperwork. This includes the hazardous waste manifest, land disposal restriction forms, packing slips, proper labels and container markings.
- You sign off! Following your signature, we remove and dispose of all chemicals.
Chemicals We Manage
Maine Labpack, Inc. can manage highly hazardous chemicals many companies cannot, such as:
- Water/air reactives
- Shock sensitive
- Bio Medical
- Spent ammunition
- Unknowns chemical containers
If your laboratory, hospital, school, medical facility, or manufacturing company has chemicals laying around – that’s a big problem. Luckily, we’re just a call away!